Just because your used SUV or sedan comes as second-hand doesn’t mean you can’t get much out of what you bargained for.
By choosing the right make and model, you’re sure to have your own automobile going on for thousands of miles and plenty of years going down the road. Here are the top ten long-lasting vehicles according to Forbes:
- Acura RDXWhen it comes to mechanical reliability and quality, Honda’s Acura RDX comes as a very good choice, as Consumer Reports rated this automobile exceptionally high and is one of the easiest and inexpensive vehicles to maintain over the years. The V-6 engine of the Acura also ensures very smooth driving and reduced noise and vibration.
- Chevrolet AvalancheIt’s a hybrid between an SUV and a pickup truck. Yet unfortunately, the latest model released by Chevrolet is said to be the last one. This vehicle, sporting a powerful V-8 engine, still maintains its reputation as the only four-door pick up that can carry an 8-foot long object because of the option to open up the cargo bed into the rear passenger cabin — thanks to the unique Midgate feature.
- Honda RidgelinePick up enthusiasts who are into heavy-duty hauling and frequent family getaways may not be a fan of the Honda Ridgeline. But this pick up truck can go a long, long way with some-light duty driving and the cargo bed features a trunk that can be locked, plus a tailgate that you can swing open or sit down.
- Lexus RX 350Powered by top-of-the-line V-6 engine, the Lexus RX 350 now sports a spindle-shaped front grille and maintains that spacious and luxurious interior with high-tech features.
- Mazda MX-5 MiataThis sports car does boast efficient acceleration and impressive power, and nowhere can you test its impressive controls then over a winding road.
- Scion xBWith its boxy design, the Scion xB may lack some of the latest and the hottest features of other automobiles, but this vehicle is a great performer with its outstanding flexibility and huge cargo capacity. It’s for light-duty transport, but it’s all that you would ever need for many years to come.
- Scion xDThis smaller Scion model features a hatchback body with a streamlined look for urban driving. What we love about the Scion xD is the perception-defying interior. At first glance from the outside, you’d expect a cramped legroom and limited space, but try it and be amazed by how ergonomic and spacious the seats are.
- Toyota 4RunnerThis truck-based SUV by Toyota holds true to its reputation as the true vehicle for that off-road, off-road adventure. The powerful stall wart V-6 engine easily drives the SUV on irregular on rough or muddy terrain.
- Toyota RAV4The family-friendly Toyota RAV4, a crossover SUV, leaves a lasting impression with stylish features such as a lift-up tailgate and advanced specs for its kind. This all-time durable RAV4 is indeed worth your investment.
- Toyota YarisWhether you choose from a two-door or four-door version, the Toyota Yaris maintains its streamlined style and flexibility. The two-door option may look small from the outside, but it too boasts spacious seats and reliable performance on the road.
Now that you have some idea on what the longest lasting makes and models are, buying a second-hand car would be much easier when it comes to choosing the right one for you. If what you’re looking for isn’t on the list.